Dr. Aurélie Jost
As manager of the Microverse Imaging Center, the imaging facility of the Microverse Excellence Cluster currently hosted at the Zentrum für Angewandte Forschung, my role is to take care of several commercial optical microscopes. Potential users are most welcome to contact me. We will first discuss the project and plan the experiments, and after receiving some instructions you will be able to acquire brilliant images!
My background is physics/optics and more specifically development of new microscopy techniques.
- Abrahamsson, S. et al. Multifocus structured illumination microscopy for fast volumetric super-resolution imaging. Biomed. Opt. Express 8 (9), 4135–4140 (2017).
- Walde, M., Jost, A., Wicker, K. & Heintzmann, R. Engineering an achromatic Bessel beam using a phase-only spatial light modulator and an iterative Fourier transformation algorithm. Opt. Commun. 383, 64–68 (2017).
- Förster, R., Wicker, K., Müller, W., Jost, A. & Heintzmann, R. Motion artefact detection in structured illumination microscopy for live cell imaging. Opt. Express 24, 22121–22134 (2016).
- Song, L. et al. Fast structured illumination microscopy using rolling shutter cameras. Meas. Sci. Technol. 27, 055401 (2016).
- Jost, A. et al. Optical sectioning and high resolution in single-slice structured illumination microscopy by thick slice blind-SIM reconstruction. PLoS One 10, e0132174 (2015).
- Lu-Walther, H. W. et al. FastSIM: A practical implementation of fast structured illumination microscopy. Methods Appl. Fluoresc. 3, 014001 (2015).
- Förster, R. et al. Simple structured illumination microscope setup with high acquisition speed by using a spatial light modulator. Opt. Express 22, 20663–20677 (2014).
- Ayuk, R. et al. Structured illumination fluorescence microscopy with distorted excitations using a filtered blind-SIM algorithm. Opt. Lett. 38 (22), 4723–4726 (2013).
- Jost, A. & Heintzmann, R. Superresolution Multidimensional Imaging with Structured Illumination Microscopy. Annu. Rev. Mater. Res. 43, 261–682 (2013).
- Since 2019: Head of the Microverse Imaging Center, Friedrich-Schiller-University, Jena, Germany
- 2018 - 2019: post-doc (Heintzmann lab) at the Leibniz-IPHT, Jena, Germany
- 2017 - 2018: parental leave
- 2012 - 2017: PhD program (Heintzmann lab) at the Friedrich-Schiller-University, Jena, Germany
- 2010 - 2011: M2 and Master thesis at the Friedrich-Schiller-University, Jena, Germany
- 2008 - 2011: Degree in optical engineering and M1 at the Institut d’Optique Graduate School, Palaiseau – Paris, France