Dr. Pablo Carravilla
My main research interests are membrane biophysics, viruses and fluorescence microscopy. I want to understand the role that lipids play during HIV-1 infection and the immune response, and for that I study live cells and model systems using advanced and super-resolution microscopy.
A short video about me
- Since 2023 Postdoc, Kutter/Sezgin labs, Scilifelab, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm
- 2019 - 2022 Postdoc/MSCA fellow, Eggeling lab, Leibniz Institute of Photonic technology and Institute of Applied Optics and Biophysics, Friedrich-Schiller University, Jena
- 2013 - 2018 PhD, Nieva lab, Biofisika Institute, University of the Basque Country, Bilbao
- 2012 - 2013 MSc in Molecular Biology and Biomedicine. University of the Basque Country, Bilbao
- 2008 - 2012 BSc in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. University of the Basque Country, Bilbao