I am working on Influenza A virus and Staphylococcus aureus co-infections of the lung and on evaluating different anti-viral and antibiotic combinatory therapy approaches. Therefore, I will apply a human alveolus-on-chip model for investigating the immune response during co-infections and upon different treatment conditions. Furthermore, it is the aim of my PhD project to asses if and how super-resolution optical microscopy can be applied for determination of optimal therapeutic treatment conditions for viral and bacterial co-infections.
- since 2020: PhD student, Eggeling group, Leibniz-Institute of Photonic Technology Jena, Germany
- 2018 – 2019: Research Associate (maternity leave replacement), Department of Genetics, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany
- 2017 – 2018: Lectureship on “Current issues of Developmental Genetics”, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany
- 2014 – 2017: Master of Sciences in Biochemistry, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany
- 2013: DAAD RISE worldwide scholarship (3-moths internship), Heras group, La Trobe University Melbourne, Australia
- 2010 – 2014: Bachelor of Sciences in Biochemistry, Free University Berlin, Germany